Sep 8, 2011

My first blog, ever

My first blog will be mostly an introduction of me and also my family, because they will probably be mentioned a lot.  I am Cassidy Compton, and I live in the little Alabama town of Attalla.  My husband, Cameron, grew up here and we moved into to his aunt and uncles old house, (we bought the house from them and they bought this beautiful old California style house next door).  On the other side of our house is Cameron's parents house, and having everyone so close is pretty great, especially since we only have one car right now! My family is from McCalla, Alabama, and I try and go see them as much as possible so they can visit with my 5 month old son, Cohen.

Cohen David Compton


My husband, Cameron
So here is a few things about me.  I am a photographer and graduated in 2009 from The University of Montevallo where I studied Graphic Design and Business.  My grammar may not always be perfect while blogging but I love to write.  I love a lot of things.  I fall in love easily I guess.  Here are just a few things that I love and will most likely be blogging about.  Motherhood!!, Art, re-purposing furniture, crafting, antique store finds, yard sale hunts, working out, juicing, shopping, photography, chocolate, painting, my family, decorating, being a new wife and mother, and any life lessons I might learn along the way.  I dislike and maybe even hate only a few things such as: the sound of velcro, american cheese, scary overly involved moms with too many highlights and hairspray,  two in one shampoo and conditioner, and those stick figure families on the back of peoples cars.

"No plastic cheeses for me, thank you."

You people scare me.

If you have one of these I'm sorry.


When I was younger I had a small collection of skeleton keys, I think my mom bought them at a yard sale and knew I would love them, and she was right because they were right up my alley.  They remind me of things like secret gardens and hidden passageways, and if you know me you know I'm all about romanticism of any kind. Romanticism and long sentences.  So, like the skeleton keys, ( I hung them in a jewelry box next to my necklaces), I am always hunting for things that spark that kind of feeling.  I love the idea with filling your home with things you made yourself, or that an ancestor made.  Maybe you re-purpose it, or re-upholster it, whatever, but it always impresses me when I ask someone where they got a pillow or dresser and instead of answering "at so and so furniture store" they say "My sister made that for me" or "My uncle built that." And even though everyone knows I covet everything from Anthropologie, this blog is about making my own versions of the beautiful stuff they have!

So this is it for my first blog, more to come, I will most likely be writing at night after Cohen goes to sleep! Until then, faith, trust, and  pixie dust!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun blog! And your baby is getting so big! I started a blog too if you want to hop over:
    http://budgetingforchristmas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete