Oct 21, 2011

Vintage Buttons


I found some vintage buttons on Antique Road that were so sweet.  They came in the original packaging with old wire holding them in place so I knew they were real antiques.  Each button pack was a dollar a piece!  I got a few and knew that I could make some cute hair pins, so I got some that would go with a lot of things I wear.  This was so easy, but I will tell you how I did mine anyway, it worked great!

You will need: Buttons, needle and thread, super glue or liquid nails, and bobby pins (or snap clips)

I started with a little glue on the back of the button and then stuck it on the front of the bobby pin.
Let them dry...
Play with baby...


Sew some colorful thread and knot in back, for extra bracing and to add more color.

My favorites.

Gwen in green.








I think these are so cute, and it inspired me to make all kinds of other hair accessories.  When you can make it just how you like it, and for under five bucks, it's a pretty good day!

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment