Dec 28, 2011

Thrifted Tuesday: Paper Ships


Due to the rain yesterday, this is a day late but better late than never.  I didn't blog last week because of Christmas festivities, (I got EVERYTHING on my wish list by the way thanks to my wonderful family!!!) but Thrifted Tuesday couldn't wait another week!  Today I am happy to feature my cousin Keaton Compton, who has the best style of any fellow I know.   His quirky and old world style is reflective of his thoughtful and creative character.  I always compare his style to Ryan Gosling, often saying things like, "Keat you look really Ryan Goslingish today."  :)  Keaton has the best job ever for a guy who has the eye for thrifted and vintage clothes, he works at the Alabama Thrift Store, the biggest and best in town.  I was there not to long ago, desperately filing through hanger after hanger trying to find a long sleeve silk blouse to go with my new pleated skirt, when I looked up to see none other than Keaton holding an amazingly awesome vintage vest he had discovered.  Last week, he found a throwback Alabama puffer jacket that any fan would die to have.  His ability to put a thrifted outfit together aways leaves an impression.  Solomon the bull mastiff from next door decided to join our photo shoot, so we styled him in some thrifted duds as well..oh and I titled this blog Paper Ships after a Dead Man's Bones song, Ryan Gosling's musical project that Keaton showed me.







Worn in details.




Scarf: thrifted

Flannel shirt, tweed blazer, shoes, and slacks: thrifted.  Square rimmed aviator shades: Urban Outfitters



Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust

No comments:

Post a Comment