Feb 23, 2012

IKEA Trip and Wallpaper Project


I was so excited to go to Ikea for the first time.  The closest one to us is in Atlanta GA, but I am thankful that we have one thats not too far away.  It was only a couple hours from where I live and it was so worth it!  I went for a Flokati rug for Cohen's nursery because it was incredible cheap there.  While walking around this HUGE store looking for it I saw a couple of people with them in their carts and I was getting nervous that they would be sold out, but I found it and gave it the biggest hug ever before I tucked it safely in my own cart.  It is the fluffiest softest rug ever and is so perfect for a little one to play on.  I am telling you, you can NOT find one half as cheap anywhere else :)  The store was everything I hoped it would be, inspiring, affordable, and modern.  It gave me a lot of ideas and I can't wait to go back!  I want to eat at the cafe there and also bring home some Swedish food from their grocery section.  I will share some great advice someone gave me before I went, and that is to wear comfy shoes and bring your measurements!


Cohen taking a nap on his new Flokati Rug.  He is holding the fur in his fingers, how sweet :)


My first wallpaper DIY project?  Success!  My mother-in-law helped me because she has wallpapered before, and I was very thankful for her wisdom in all things wallpaper.  We took every thing off the shelves and removed the shelves, then we measured how long of a strip we needed and used a exacto knife to cut. (We left about an inch extra to work with) We then had to line up the pattern to get our second strip.  After that we applied the wallpaper glue to the back and then hung it up.  We booked it to make it smooth, and trimmed the excess of with the exacto knife.

Here is our bookshelf in the foyer before.





Then after we applied wallpaper.




Then we added the shelves back.


And put everything back in its place!


I love this wallpaper, I got it on sale from Urban Outfitters, and plan to use it on my china cabinet project as well!






I think the bookshelf looks pretty and interesting now, which is great because it's the first thing you see when you walk in the front door!  I love wallpapering small areas like this, and I will be doing this again soon!

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust



No comments:

Post a Comment