Apr 1, 2012

Cohen Turns ONE! Pirate Party


My little boy turned one this week!  We decided to celebrate big time.  I chose a pirate themed party because that kind of is how his nursery is done, although its a little more adventure and Peter Pan than pirate.  I will post a nursery blog soon!  I couldn't of asked for a better party for Cohen.  Our house was jammed packed with loved ones and he got tons of great new toys, including a swing and slide from his Nonna!  One talented grandfather made this incredible pirate ship and his other grandaddy made his awesome pirate hat and preformed a sweet song written for Cohen!  This baby is very lucky and very much loved...

The amazing cakes were made by Lindy Lou's.  They were delicious!  We had a ton of pizzas, my Mom made her soon to be famous buffalo chicken dip and my mother in law made homemade grape ice-cream!  We also filled a treasure chest with root beer and cream soda's from World Market.  The invites were by me, I love making my own!  Notice they don't have any cheesy pirate lingo (aaarrggg mateys!)  Cohen is way to cool for all that, but he will tell you to walk the plank if ya don't show!  I know a one year old really won't remember their first party, but he sure seemed to have fun, and celebrating the best year with our little buddy and all the joy he brings us just seemed right!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY COHEN COMPTON!

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that pirate party was A.MA.ZING! Great job!!!
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! It was a lot of fun!!

      Delete