Jun 26, 2012

Thrifted Tuesday: Pink & Black

It has been a busy couple of weeks, and though my air conditioner went out this week, I was determined to get it together for a blog post.  Let me tell you, it is sweltering in here, and as I sit here uploading pics of my thrifted outfit, I can't help but laugh at how miserable I look in them.   Believe me as soon I was done with these pics I got myself out of those tight jeans with out a moment to spare.  Now, as I sit in front of the computer wearing lighter clothing with the box fan one foot away, my mood has lifted, especially since our dear friend from church is tackling our air conditioner issues outside, it could be working any minute now!  This outfit is thrifted all except for the sandals which are $7 at Forever 21 with lots of colors to choose from!  I didn't recognize the brand of the top but the jeans are American Eagle and were $5!  The head scarf was $0.50...so thats lovely.  What I most love about his top is that it has the flowy look, while still being fitted, so I don't look like a big box on top (which is what usually happens).  This has the flowy sleeves sewn against the flattering silhouette of the shirt, much better! I wish I could find more shirts like this!  I decided to post this outfit because I actually got a lot of compliments when I wore it, so I took it to think that I had done something right, except now that I think of it I was wearing green cotton flats with it when I got all of those compliments...uhh, hope that doesn't change things!  Its way to hot for those things to be on my feet today! :)





Top, Jeans, Scarf (thrifted)  Sandlas (Forever21) 


Recipe: As Good As Take-Out Fried Rice

I made this the other day when I was desperate for a dinner idea.  I always have celery and carrots on hand from juicing, and everything else I usually have, except for the sesame oil which I bought when we made a chinese dinner for Jon's birthday.  This was super easy and so yummy.

2TB sesame seed oil
2 clove garlic chopped
1 onion chopped
 1 cup celery chopped
1 cup carrot chopped
2 cups minute rice
2 cups water
2 eggs
1 cup soysauce (add more to taste)
chicken, pork, or shrimp (2 cups)
One lemon (optional)
Garlic Chili Sauce (optional for heat)

First make the rice, or use left over rice (which I think works best).  Put to the side.
Cook meat in skillet with sesame oil until its 80% done.
Stir fry the first 5 ingredients until tender (I like to have the onions slightly browned on the edges from the heat) then move to one side of the skillet.  On the other side of the skillet scramble the eggs, then mix together.  
Add rice and soy sauce and meat.  Stir, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes.  
I had a squirt of lemon and a little Thai Garlic Chili sauce for heat, because I am obsessed with that stuff!







Nothing makes my tummy more happy than a big bowl of rice.  Anytime you are craving some chinese, whip of this easy recipe, I bet its a lot healthier than take out too!

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust




No comments:

Post a Comment