Aug 26, 2012

Sunday Style and Thoughts



I haven't posted in a couple weeks, reasons to follow, but I had a minute today and thought I could get out some creative energy on here. 

 I love this outfit so much!  The graphic print of this skirt from Ruche makes she who wears it stand out, and pencil skirts are great by themselves anyways.  The next thing I love about it is the fact that the shirt is a vintage bodysuit I got on Etsy.  I got it so I could layer sheer shirts on top of it and it makes me kinda feel like a ballerina whenever I wear it!  The Etsy listing said it was from 1980 :)  I love how seamlessly body suits fit under skirts.




Bodysuit (Etsy shop) Skirt (Ruche) Shoes (Nine West) Flower (forever 21) Lace cardigan (Thrifted) Clutch (Thrifted) Gold bangle (Heather Belle) Necklace (AE)

Update on Life

Two weeks ago, me and my father in law ran to the post office to mail some cds.  He had some senior pictures he was going to take later and he also said he was going to Best Buy first to buy a new flash.  Sadly, life had other plans, and he suffered a stroke shortly after we got home.  He was a healthy man who never got sick, never smoke or drank, never had health problems.  It is scary how quickly and drastically a stroke can occur.  After we got him to the hospital emotions ran high and we all prayed and cried, not ready to let go of him.  Soon the doctors came in and told us that there was hope and that with time, he could learn to speak and move his right side again.  All I wanted to know was that he was going to be himself, because I love my father in law so much.  I had no idea what a friend he was to me and how important he was in my life until this happened.  He has taught me so much and has been an amazing grandfather to my son, and a best friend to my husband.  He lives a house down from me and stops in several times a day to hang out and see Cohen.  Now that I am home every time I hear the screen door open I feel like it might be him and it makes me sad, I miss him.  I'm still not used to him being so far away.  The good news is he is starting to speak a few words, and I can tell by the expressions on his face and the look in his eyes that he is still him.  I can't wait for him to be back home!  I am so thankful for the many prayers for him and for our family.  I believe that is why he is still with us.  He has so much to do and so many that love him and need him.  This struggle will be his greatest challenge yet, but I know he is strong enough to pull through.  

Sydney, my sister in law got married last weekend.  It was a beautiful wedding, and though it was bittersweet, she held it together so well.  Her wedding was beautiful ( I will post about it soon) and I cant wait for her to be back from Hawaii because I miss her so much! And because she got me a prize :)

So life looks like it will be a little busier than it has before.  I am running David Compton Photography until he is well and cannot say how thankful I am for what he has taught me.  Also we will be back and forth from home to Birmingham a lot for a while so we can be with David as much as possible.  I am just so thankful he is improving everyday!  I'll try and not stay gone so long again :)

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
LOVE CASSIDY

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this outfit, especially that skirt! I would love for you to come link up to my Sunday Style linky party! You are so gorgeous by the way :)

    Now following your cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stripes and that's a pretty lace shrug!


    sherriamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous skirt! I love how you styled it :)

    By the way, I've updated my blog with a new post. I'd love for you to swing by :) www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete