Sep 9, 2012

Sunday Style and Thoughts: Heirloom Affair

Please play as you read :)


 Sunday Style: Heirloom Affair


It all began on a Sunday morning not to long ago, about 6 hours ago to be exact.  I woke up to the precise knowledge of exactly what I would be wearing today to church.  I have been pining over this lace and tulle dress for quite sometime and it finally came in the mail this week.  When I know what I am wearing to church, I get there on time, its as easy as that.  I love everything about this outfit because of the way it makes me feel, and that's what the love of fashion is all about to me, the way it makes you feel.  It is what we live our lives in, what our husbands tell us we look beautiful in, and the ritual of it all.  We women have been embracing fashion through the ages, using it to express ourselves, to show our style, and its reflection of who we are.  Whether we are feeling cozy, glamorous, fun, romantic, classic, or natural,  however we are feeling, we can dress to express.  








Dress (Ruche) Shoes (Nine West) Clutch (Old) Earrings and Ring (Ruche)
I wore my favorite ring today, its a delicate gold ring with Cohen's birthstone inside.  I love symbolic jewelry and this is my one symbolic piece.  I love asking someone where they got a interesting piece of jewelry and hearing the story of where it came from or who gave it to them.  My neighbor Linda, across the street let me take these pics on her beautiful front porch, I love that I get to have her house as my front view, but feel bad that she has to look at mine!  We desperately need some landscape help expertise!

Here is my favorite man in his cool outfit, I think he was inspired by some Roll Tide pride when he dressed himself this morning.  
So this week we had a lovely bridal shower for my cousin Cherre, and as always it was fun to be around my cousins, especially since it was the first time we were over the shower planning instead of our Aunts.  The maid of honor did a wonderful job planning and delegating and it couldn't have been prettier.  I guess we are really grown ups now!  It was also a rainy day and I had to pluck my baby out of the mud, he feel in face first and his feet were sticking straight in the air, he thought it was pretty funny, I think he is going to have the best sense of humor!

My father in law is still in rehab at UAB, I think for a while that will be the case.  Prayers have been answered all the while for us and I know he still needs them, as well as the whole family.  He gets to watch the Alabama games in his room with his children and I know that must bring him a lot of happiness.  Cameron loves watching the games with his dad and thats one thing that will never change.

I was so excited to be featured on the ShopRuche blog this week! Check it out here!

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust


LOVE CASSIDY




10 comments:

  1. Ummm, I'm pretty sure that is one of the prettiest dresses I have ever seen! And you look gorgeous! Thanks for linking up to Sunday Style :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny, I love the Sunday Style idea and I hope it continues! Thank you for including me! :) Love your blog, too!

      Delete
  2. A beautiful, romantic look and you match up with your favorite guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathleen! Romantic looks are my favorite!

      Delete
  3. That is the perfect dress on you! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pretty romantic look! The pop of burgundy in the shoes is so perfect! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like those shoes go with so many things! Thank you CC! :)

      Delete
  5. beautiful dress! I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete