Sep 18, 2012

Thrifted Tuesday: Reminiscence





Please Play and Read :)



Today was my husbands off day, so naturally he wanted to spend it rummaging through thrift stores with me.  Well, not really his ideal day but he was nice enough to take me and we had a lot of fun.  Cohen picked out a pair of black church shoes and I got this dress!  I've always had a soft spot in my heart for these "Full House" dresses.  I guess its my inner connection to the 90's, which I loved everything about.  I should have been in my 20's in the 90's, sporting crop tops and basically Cher Horowitz's entire closet complete with plaid skirts and white Mary-Jane's, but alas, I was a wee preteen who had no business wearing any of those things.  In the fifth grade, I had this one silver skirt and silver knee highs to match and that was my favorite "Clueless" inspired outfit.  As for now, when I see anything 90's, flannel shirts, floral flowy dresses, and crop tops, I give my respect to my 90's days and all of the comfort associated with those memories.  

I paired this dress with cowboy booties and a braided belt for a more western feel.  I love wearing a simple dress on casual days like today, way more comfy that a pair of jeans.  It is starting to feel like Fall outside and if it weren't for the pesky mosquito's I could have stayed outside all day.  











Dress, gold bracelet (thrifted) Belt (old)  Bangle, Necklace, and Ring (Ruche) Booties (Forever 21)
Tonight, I am wearing my new dress to the Ben Folds Concert in Atlanta.  My sister got my brother Judson a ticket for his birthday and I am taking him and we are both excited because we have never seen him before.  I am also relieved that we got seats instead of general admission, I am a a wimp about standing around at concerts for too long.

 I am already so excited about next Thrifted Tuesday post!  I found my subject yesterday but since it needs to go to the cleaners, it has to wait until next week!

  Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
Love Cassidy

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog. Found you on Clothed Much.
    New follower for sure! Follow me back via GFC?
    I was trying to find your email on your blog.
    I am doing a project on my blog that I thought you would love to be apart of. Email me if you are interested in more details.

    bostonksox@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great dress! Love it!

    Alexis

    swaney e

    ReplyDelete