Oct 21, 2012

Sunday Style: Houndstooth and Bows


 I so look forward to college game days and all of the excitement that they bring.  I guess what I like most about rooting for a team is the anticipation of not knowing what is going to happen and the magic that comes with an athlete doing something amazing that never fails to thrill.   Football season has been making its mark in the fashion world.  People are getting creative on how to work their teams colors into their wardrobes without the use of a T-shirt or jersey, and I especially love how houndstooth is being Incorporated into everything from pea-coats to flats.  As most of you know, my team is the University of Alabama, and as usual we are number one again this week.  We won the championship last year and this year has also looked very impressive to the fact that we might make it to play in the championship again!  Our colors are fabulous for Fall!  Crimson, white, black, grey, and houndstooth can all be found on anything Alabama related.  I chose to wear this houndstooth skirt today as a subtle celebration of my team spirit!  






Top and Purse (RUCHE) Shoes (Modcloth) Skirt (thrifted)

Have you been creatively working your teams colors into your Fall outfits?  I would love to hear from you!  ROLL TIDE!

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
Cassidy


11 comments:

  1. Oooh, I think this is my new favorite outfit of yours! I love houndstooth print and for some reason I don't have any of it in my closet...I think it's time to change that!

    Thanks for linking up!
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore this blouse! So gorgeous! I absolutely love your style! Following along now...

    Blessings!

    Rubi
    lilyamongthornsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so classy and stylish. I am in love with the combination and the bow is the best part! Saying hi from Jenny's Sunday Style.

    Silver from A Silver Snapshot
    http://starthinker-silverbarter.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I adore this outfit and you look amazing in it!

    Bramblewood Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this outfit, that skirt is gorgeous! Just found your blog via watch what I'm wearing and I really love your blog name!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute way to sport your team colors! We are Ohio State Buckeyes so Saturdays are typically spent wearing some sort of scarlet, gray or black :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That top is adorable!!

    SaraM
    http://clochedeletoile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! You are adorable!!! I love love your look! Now following and cannot wait to read more!

    xoxo

    http://elisemn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your top is super cute, love it!

    twolovebirdswithoutanest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete