Oct 28, 2012

Sweet Nostalgia


Maybe I was subconsciously aware that the Primary program was today at church and that might be what inspired the nostalgic choices of this outfit.  Precious pink shiny T-straps with a cute gold buckle paired with an oversized polka print sweater wrapped me up in comfort today as I confronted this bright and blustery day.  








Shoes (Modcloth) Purse and Sweater (Ruche) Velvet Skirt (Thrifted)


As I mentioned before the Primary program was today and it was so sweet to listen to the kids sing and speak.  Some where shy, and some were not, but they all were amazingly proud to be a member of the Church.  One of the songs they sang brought be back to when I was an itty bitty Primary child, and me and my Uncle preformed the same song.  It is called "A Child's Prayer" and is usually preformed by a child and adult.  As they sang it I pictured myself up there, a long time ago, so small and all dressed up.  I remember feeling brave as I stood so tiny at the pulpit in front of the congregation, but maybe that was because my wonderful Uncle was by my side.  Mom had dressed me in a pretty white dress and I distinctly remember my favorite part of the outfit being my hair which she had in a bun and fixed it with a pretty metal hair piece that fit over the circle of the bun, and then had a little metal stick that you ran through the middle to hold the bun in place.  It reminded me of something a princess would wear, so I was thrilled to show it off.  Here are the sweet lyrics of the song that the sweet children sang today.

Child:
Heavenly Father, are you really there?
and do you hear and answer every child's prayer.
Some people say that Heaven is far away,
but i feel it close around me as i pray.
Heavenly Father, i remember now,
something that Jesus told Disciples long ago.
Suffer the children to come to me,
Father in prayer I'm coming now to thee.
Mother/Father:
Pray, He is there.
Speak, He is listening.
You are his child,
his love now surrounds you.
He hears your prayer,
He loves the children,
of such is the Kingdom,
the Kingdom of Heav'n
(Child and Mother/Father verses sung together) x1

When ever I feel scared, or need to feel at peace, I sing this song in my head.  All I could think about is how proud I will be when my little guy is big enough to stand up there and sing!

This week I was so honored to have a guest post on the lovely blog, Predefined Taste!  It is called Thrifting 101 and it would mean so much for me if you there and check it out!  Also take a moment to follow Predifined Taste!  Lia, the author, has a gift for informative and relatable writing!  I adore her blog and know you will too!!

Another fun happening on the blog is coming up because my friend Melanie, from A Modern Dame, and I, are doing a vintage dress swap!  She lives all of the way in California and this week we decided to swap dresses to see how each other will style them!  It is also fun because it gives us a new dress to blog about!  I am so lucky to have met Melanie and will always consider her a Blogging Bestie!  Melanie does multiple outfit post every week which I love and find so exciting!  Make sure you stop by and follow her too!

Finally, I would love for you to check out the latest Ruche blog I was featured in!  It is about how to take a skirt from Spring to Fall and also shows a couple of recent Fall outfits I've blogged about.  Oh you know, just my favorite store ever featuring me, no big deal.  Seriously, I am still beyond thrilled!

Well it looks like it will be a week full of editing pictures and hopefully getting some Halloween costume plans together!  Doesn't look like Cohen will be a fox this year but I have another good idea in store!  

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
LOVE Cassidy




13 comments:

  1. Love the sweater...and I LOVE your hair!
    Sheaffer :)
    www.pinteresttoldmeto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am in love with this outfit from head to tippee toe! i have a major crush on those shoes for nostalgic reasons.. my nanna used to have a pair just like them!! And the sweater here is adorable! really great outfit. Hope you've had a lovely weekend!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super gorgeous photos; love that your shoes match the fallen leaves, so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything you have is just too cute! I must have this outfit! Thanks for featuring my blog :) It means a lot to me and I'm already cooking up a lot of plans for my blog and future collaborations.

    I also came back from a classical concert/children's choir performance today. The program began with "The Ugly Duckling" which also had a sweet message. I love how unintentionally family oriented Halloween is, and it just makes me so eager for my own kids xD (that's kind of bad huh?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad at all! They are amazing, if the time is right of course! They make life really fun :)

      Thanks Lia!!

      Delete
  5. Love your outfit and the fall leaves. I, too remember participating in the primary program and memorizing a scripture for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a cute outfit! i love the polka dots!! and how fun to swap dresses too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cassidy! I recently found your blog, and I love your style! We shop from a lot of the same places (like ruche!), and I really can identify with a lot of the pieces you wear. I'm a new mommy too, hope you're enjoying motherhood, it's such a wonderful time :) would love to follow you if that's ok!

    Take care,
    Christy
    www.sunnywithasideof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it is!! I am following you and your blog is so pretty and sweet!! I love your style as well :) nice to meet you!

      Cassidy

      Delete
  8. you look so pretty!

    Lindsey
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that dotty jumper and those leaves/trees in the background are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these photos especially the one with the close up on the leaf and your face!! p/s: HEART your outfit post!! xoxo, Tiff ~ Clothed Much

    ReplyDelete