Oct 26, 2012

The 1930's



I will go ahead and apologize in advance for the graininess of these pics and for the extra dramatic posing.  Although I don't really have a good excuse for the graininess, (I kind of rushed this, napping baby and all), the drama queen posing was kind of me getting lost in the 1930's femininity I was trying to capture with this outfit.  

The deed on our house states that it was built in 1931, and that is what I love most about it.  It still has so much of its original character which can be annoying to some, but endearing to a girl like me.  Other than the Great Depression the 30s had some other things to remember, and my favorite is the fashion.  It was after the sultry and glam styles of the 20's and some where in between the 40's when fashion had just the right touch of femininity while at the same time being inspired by menswear.  There was usually a tailored element and heavy fabric either on a skirt or trousers, paired with a soft and gentle feminine top with graceful details.  Hair was usually rolled and swept up in something like a chignon.  That was a a bit to ambitious for my nap time/blogging deadline!  

For this look I was imagining what the lady of the house would put together just before she went out running errands, and while I added a few modern touches, I loved the masculine/feminine combo of this look!










Hat & Top-Ruche
Skirt & Belt-Forever 21
Tights-Old, Target
Bracelet-made from broken headband
Shoes-Modcloth
Camera Case-Vintage

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
Love, Cassidy







3 comments:

  1. Hi Cassidy,

    Don't know how ladies in the 30s dressed, but that camera box you use as a purse is so unique!
    Thank you for your kind comment, please stop by again soon! :)

    Visit me:
    LeeAnne, Style N Season
    http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh you got the top! I was debating on whether I should get it or not... Beautiful outfit, as always. It's the perfect 30s outfit. Sadly though, most people mistake (as can be expected) that decade's cultural contributions (from fashion and even to literature!) for the 20s, and even the 40s!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful outfit, i love the dramatic poses too..makes for great piccies :) xx

    ReplyDelete