Nov 8, 2012

American Girl


Tuesday I exercised my right to vote, and to thrift.  I didn't post this Tuesday for my Thrifted Tuesday blog because I was wrapped up in election coverage, and although and my chosen candidate not elected, I know that life goes on and that what is meant to be is meant to be.  Election time is always a time of great excitement and tradition and I am so thankful I get to be a part of it in some little way.  I am proud to be an American girl, where I have freedom of religion, of speech, and a freedom to pursue happiness.  

I wore this thrifted skirt in Spring, and wanted to pair it this time with a denim shirt and cowboy booties.  I think there is something so Americana in a simple denim piece especially when paired with red.  always have thought it is an understated and graceful wear our nations colors.  I got this belt while thrifting with my Mom, I think it has a ton of character!  I added the scarf for some pattern and brought the flower from the scarf onto my shirt with a flower pin.




Shoes and Top (Forever 21) Skirt and belt (thrifted) Flower (Dirt Cheaped)  Scarf (old Pac Sun)
God Bless America
Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
LOVE Cassidy




3 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! So simple, but so cute! :) And yes, I share your same thoughts on the election. But life goes on and I'm still proud to be an American.

    Blessings!

    Rubi
    lilyamongthornsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! The belt and skirt are so beautiful! Haha I can never pull off denim like you... well I can't pull off a lot of things compared to you but yeah...

    And by the way your reaction to the voting is so relieving to see. So many people were just naggy about their candidate losing and etc. The point is you voted, you gave your voice, and unfortunately not everyone gets their way. Props to you for being so mature and positive!

    www.yourpredefinedtaste.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. that skirt looks so cute with those booties!! love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete