Nov 11, 2012

Fall Snow White


I will skip my ranting and raving about how undesirable this week has been, and will try to stay positive as I try to write this blog without venting.  That is what a diary is for, and my husband, but it is so temping to do it all on here!  However, the point of blogging for me is to inspire others and accomplishing little goals, thus releasing happy endorphins and spreading cheerfulness which will in turn brighten my darkening mood.  I have a lot of quick pick-me-ups I turn to to make my mood better.  Some examples are eating any kind of rice dish, doing laundry (weird I know), dressing up (even if I don't have anywhere to go), snuggling with my baby boy, and watching my favorite movies that I have seen hundreds of times.  Today I need to do one of those things, and I think it should be watching one of those movies! Yellow tends to be knows as a cheerful color, so I thought be wearing it the sunshiny-ness would rub off on me, and it really did, because I wore this shirt to the thrift store a couple days ago, and it just matched everything!  I bought a plum skirt to wear with it along with a navy blue with gold buttons (all for $1 each!) and I was thrilled at the surprise of how this strange color actually goes with so much! This is the first outfit I wore it with, and I love it.

I don't know why this outfit reminded me of Snow White.  Maybe it was in the fullness of the wool skirt, or the red lips and red headband combo.  Maybe it was yellow of the top with the red, I don't know, but that's what it reminded me of, and anything fairy tale reminiscent is another comfort. 







Shawl, Top, Shoes (Ruche) Skirt & Belt (Forever 21)

Seriously, if you are looking for a Fall top that will go with everything, you need to get this one! It's the most useful thing I have in my closet right now!

I am so thankful for the veterans of my country, we heard from a few of them at church today and it is so important to remember the sacrifices they have made for all of us, people they don't even know, but do it because they are willing to die to defend the freedoms of our country.  Hearing them speak made me feel bad about being so sad over small things, like my team losing last night, then waking up this morning with a bug in my hair and freaking out, then making a glass of milk only to have it spill out of the bottom has I am pouring because somehow it has a hole in the bottom, and then touching the bottle of my husbands hottest hot sauce he uses for pranks and then putting in my contact lens with that same finger and then having my eyeball burn for hours, those are the main things I was ranting about earlier, but you have to admit, that is a lot of unfortunate events to take place right in the first hour you wake up!  But back to the point, I am thankful for the veterans and my country, and I remember their sacrifice everyday, and having spent my teenage years as an Army brat, I know what military life can be like, and am always thankful, everyday, for them! 

I am ready to say so long to this week, and hello to this coming up week because we are going on a little vacation to Gatlinburg, I am more than ready!  

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
LOVE Cassidy :)



Super Sunday Sync

31 comments:

  1. I am totally crushing on this whole outfit. I love the whimsical-ness of it, i think its that beautiful full skirt! You look stunning!I am with you on the pick me ups. I love to eat pasta though and a good soppy movie.. i have watched the notebook 3 times in the past 3 weeks! oh yes its been one of those kind of months lol!
    Hope your week is a good one from here on out hun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Notebook sounds like a good choice, thanks Rachel and I hope your month gets brighter as well! :)

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous look! The red lips, full skirt and yellow top are all perfect! Great fall look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. That yellow top and skirt is just amazing. I love it!
    kianabates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It goes with everything I'm not even kidding! Off to visit your blog now! :)

      Delete
  4. You look great in hats, love the hat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this one, I have worn it in the last 4 outfit post haha, can't get enough! Thank you!

      Delete
  5. You are gorgeous!! I love the mustard color of your shirt and that skirt is darling! :) Newest follower, love your blog!
    -Bridgette Nicole
    http://bridgettenicole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just visited your blog and followed as well, thank you Bridgette! :)

      Delete
  6. You always take such amazing pictures of your outfits. you are super talented. Love the stole with this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Callie, that is so nice, thank you so much for stopping by :)!

      Delete
  7. Great photos, you look really cute in mustard yellow!

    Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so magical almost like Alice in Wonderland! That shirt fits you like a glove and that skirt is so beautiful.


    The House of Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors in this! I also love how brilliant the yellow top looks with the skirt! it's very sleek,I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there! I found your blog via Jenny's Sunday Style link up, and I fell in love immediately! I am loving your fashion posts. You have the perfect combination of classy and modern and bohemian. Love it!

    Newest follower :) :)
    Silver from A Silver Snapshot
    http://starthinker-silverbarter.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this whole look (maybe because Snow White was one of my favorite disney movies haha).
    I'm new to your blog from the blog hop and love it already! Can't wait to read more :)
    Sapir
    thesapphirequeen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely outfit dear! the colors in this look are amazing. happy fall!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know what I like better the cape or the skirt!!!

    I found you via the Modern Modest Beauty linkup! Just wanted to let you know that I'm doing a Heylee B. Boutique Giveaway! I thought you might be interested.

    xoxo
    A-

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute outfit!

    New follower from Sunday Sync.
    http://musingsofamommabear.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your style! This outfit is amazing, and I would totally wear it! Stopping by from Creative Monday Hop, and I'm a new blog follower. Hope to see you at my blog soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this look! You are adorable!

    Lindsey
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. such a cute outfit!! and I love your hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are stunning! love the color combination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cassidy, as always, you never fail to impress! I am definitely going to look out for that color on my next shopping bonanza :) The red lipstick definitely evokes the Snow White imagery. I am thinking of learning how to use makeup for the sake of styling photos, with that shade of red lipstick in mind (suggestions on what I should buy?)! It just makes the more neutral colors of fall pop.

    And don't worry about ranting on your own blog. First of all, it's yours! And sometimes all you need is a good rant to be able to reflect on them and let go of those bad feelings. I hope your week gets better and have a nice vacation next week!

    Lia
    www.yourpredefinedtaste.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would get Ruby Woo by Mac, I tried it and fell in love with it! It is on my birthday wish list and I think I put a link to it on there! I love red or any pop of color on the lip when you are wearing neutrals, otherwise the who look can be a little to mellow. Thanks Lia, you always leave such wonderful feedback! I love hearing from you! I'm off to read your Fun post now!

      Delete
  20. Wow...I love your style. Gorgeous.
    Now following you via Bloglovin'

    Bisous
    Suzanne
    http://bisous.typepad.com/bisous/

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are so so so so pretty. I'm just sayin. And I totally need a shawl thing like that one...it looks so classy! Thanks for linking up :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the outfit and beautifully taken pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Cassidy -

    Super cute outfit! Just came across your blog for the first time & love the decor! Looking forward to following your fun outfits!

    Cheers!

    Sarah
    www.somecallmesjp.com

    ReplyDelete