Nov 27, 2012

Thifted Tuesday: Rainy Day Ruchette


      I found this awesome houndstooth dress while thrifting with Heidi, and had to have it!  It reminded                me of a Jessica Simpson dress that came out this Fall, but this one is a little longer :), and of course   cheaper.  This dress came with a cute matching cropped jacket and was under $5.  Today, I used the dress in attempts to achieve one of Ruche's looks for the fall.  That look features the Jessica Simpson dress, these adorable shoes, and this purple garland.  I had to have the shoes and have worn them on many occasions so far, and the garland went on sale on Black Friday for $10!  I already had a denim shirt from Forever 21, and a green rain jacket Cameron bought me when we were dating, I remember a lot of rain when we began our romance.  After getting the garland in the mail I wanted to bring that look to life and here it is!  The most expensive thing on this outfit is the shoes which were only $36, a good price for these fall staples!  Today is a rainy cold day and I apologize for my goosebumps in these photos!  I am going to try and squeeze as many autumnal outfits as possible these last few November days.










Shirt (Forever 21) Garland, Necklace,  Shoes, hurry if you like them, only 4 left! (Ruche)                  Dress (Thrifted) 

I am so thankful for how wonderful my Thanksgiving was!  I got to my Moms the night before and my mom, sister, and I stayed up late making casseroles.  It was so much fun cooking and laughing and spending time with them!  The next morning it took longer than expected to get our meal on the table, but everyone stayed patient enough.  I made a homemade apple pie and it was beautiful.  My sister is who is the chef in the family made the prettiest lattice to go on top of it and she completed it with leaves and berries made from pastry dough, we really got into it! I wish I had a picture of it all done!  Then we went to my Nanny's and spent the rest of the day looking through the piles of Black Friday papers.  I was pretty overwhelmed by all of the good deals, but Cameron and I finally decided to dedicate ourselves to waiting in one line, and that was for a special present for Cohen.  It took a couple hours but we got it, and for a great deal!  I ran into my Mom and Tony, they had brought Cohen along to get him so toys, and we ran into my brother Judson at every store/mall we went to!  It was 2AM when we decided to try and last the rest of the night.  Urban Outfitters was opening at 4AM and were having an amazzzing sale, so we took nap for two hours in their parking lot!  When 4AM hit, the crowd was huge and my sister Katelyn and cousin Kyli joined us as we were pushed through the doors by a crazy hipster mob.  The sales associates were on top of the counters least they be ran over.  I ran upstairs and found exactly what I was on the hunt for, a peach maxi skirt and cozy blue sweater.  After that, we called it a night and slept the whole next day!  I even got to see my best friend and take pics of her kiddos when I finally was rested enough.    So that is my Thanksgiving story, hope y'all had a great one too!  Now its time to get in that Christmas spirit, woo-hoo!

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
LOVE CASSIDY

PS, notice my new illustration likeness in the upper corner?  My amazing friend Melanie drew that!  I love it so much!

4 comments:

  1. I love that dress and your hair is gorgeous!!

    Myfashionatelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Great find and I love your bangs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress looks fab with the chambray shirt under it! Great layering!

    http://fieryfinish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving your blog!! :D And the outfit is awesome!

    ReplyDelete