Nov 12, 2012

Thrifted Tuesday: Frenchy


I am writing from a cozy cabin in Gatlinburg, TN, but these pics were taken this Sunday.  I love the cabin we are staying at, complete with beautiful views, a hot tub, and a pool table.  I won't have time to blog tomorrow because we will be out and about exploring so I wanted to get this Thrifted 
Tuesday up!  My cousin is house sitting for us and for that I am very grateful, this will be a short trip and we are going to try and make the most of our day here.  

I got this velvet black skirt at the thrift store this week and it was another one of those trips when I found exactly what I was looking for, well, more like the combination of two things I wanted to find: a black skirt and something velvet.  I love the high waist and the sleek silhouette it creates, I feel like I should be holding a cigarette when I wear it and I don't even smoke.  It would be more of a accessory I guess which I think some people use cigaretts for anyway, especially in time periods of the past.  I. of course, decided to go other direction and sweeten it up with a soft French crop sweater and pink patent straps.  I love the effortlessness of the outfit and paired it with a gold bib necklace, simple gold bangle, and wine hued earrings all that go perfectly with the gold buckles on the shoes. 

 Isn't this tree amazing as well!?  The beauty of Fall always takes my breath away.  I wish I could have sat under this tree all day while watching the leaves rain down while the wind spins them into beautiful yellow cyclones.   Those are some of my favorite moments, when you can see the motion of the wind and how it spins the leaves into circles that you just want to jump in the middle of.  Yes, this is how I really think haha, but I think it is important to find the magic in everyday moments.  I think that keeping that magic keeps your soul in a more beautiful place.  







Velvet Skirt (thrifted)   Scarf (Ruche)   Necklace & Top (Forever21)  Bangle (Heather Belle)  Shoes (Modcloth)

I am so happy you stopped by, I love the blogging community and think that you all are so amazing and inspirational, it is so nice to get to know such sweet and interesting people who I never would have otherwise met!
Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust 
LOVE Cassidy 






3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Velvet is such a winter essential, and the fact that it's a pencil skirt is a plus! I also love your shirt and shoes :) I hope you enjoy your exploration day today!
    -Lia

    www.yourpredefinedtaste.blogspot.com

    P.S: sorry had a bad typo in the first comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lia, I agree, velvet is so wintery and you feel like its a little luxury, even if I did get it at the thrift store! I'm excited for my exploring and I hope you have a wonderful day as well!

    ReplyDelete