Dec 7, 2012

Dressember: All that Jazz


Channeling the 20's today in honor of Dressember and my Black Friday steal at Ruche, this gorgeous 20's inspired drop waist dress was only $25 down from $67.  All it needed was a lace slip underneath, on old black wrap I've had forever, the pearls from Carlie's wedding, a vintage purse, and my favorite merlot mary-janes!  
I tried to do a side chignon but it is so so...oh well, I tried to hide it with this flower clip that goes with the heels!

There was something so glamorous about the way women dressed in the 1920's and everything about that era seems so dazzling and fun.  I thought the shimmer of this purse would be the finishing touch to bring out the jazz of the era.  




Dress & Earrings (Shop Ruche) Flower (Dollar General) Shoes (Nine West) Purse (Vintage) Cardigan (old Forever 21) 

I hope everyone is having a wonderful December!  I went to the gym for the first time in forever and if feels good to be back in that routine, and away from my computer screen where I work on photo's all day long.  I am about to decide on whether or not I should make dinner or if we should go get something, I could really go for a Logan's steak, broccoli, and rolls right about now, lets see if the hubby agrees!  Oh yes, my baby did the cutest thing yesterday.  He got on his rocking horse and told me to get on too.  I pretended to sit down on the back and said, "So where are we going?" He says, "Nonna's house."  Nonna is my mom and we are really going to Birmingham this weekend for photoshoots and party's, we just will be taking our car instead of Cohen's horse. 

For more dazzling 1920's inspiration visit Ruche's Holiday lookbook inspired by The Great Gatsby!  Find it Here!

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
LOVE, CASSIDY



10 comments:

  1. This is too darling! I love it! :)

    myfashionatelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I l-o-v-e this! You look gorgeous and your makeup and hair are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was worried about the hair!

      Delete
  3. These pictures are beautiful!
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is definitely my favourite Dressember dress so far! I love the '20s look! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. really like this!

    theistyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful! Cassidy, i just love the way you blend both modern and vintage together. it's as if you've stepped out of another era, seamlessly fusing into the contemporary fashion of today. the lighting is pure magic too!

    congrats on being gym bound, we're looking into memberships next weekend. couch potato land has def got the best of us and it's not lookin' purty to say the least ;) hope your trip to Birmingham was amazing fun - happy Sunday! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit and how you have taken the photos! Stunning.

    Janine (new follower) xx
    http://bakeglueandtrend.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete