Dec 9, 2012

Sunday Stye: Soft Monochromatic



Lately I have been wanting to dress more wintery, even though it was in the 70's today.  Instead of Christmas reds and greens I wanted to do something soft and light like snow, and was inspired by my  fog blanketed surroundings this morning for a soft, natural look.  Also, I wanted to experiment with a monochromatic color palette, mixing soft colors neutrals with light metallic touches.  I want to try this kind of look more often!  I hope you like it!  




Shirt (Forever21) Skirt (thrifted) Tights, Necklace, and Shoes (Shop Ruche) Hat (Target, on sale now!)

I was so sad, after I took these photo's my favorite necklace that I am wearing in these photos broke.  It had broken before but I was able to find the crystal piece and get it repaired, however this time, the bottom fell off (different place than last time) and I didn't realize it until it was to late.  I guess it would be silly for me to put up "Lost pendant!" signs everywhere with a little photo of it, but I am kind of tempted because it was my favorite long necklace.  :( And its not for sale anymore, so hopefully I will find one to replace it soon, after grieving time has commenced.  

On a brighter note, I had a wonderful weekend visiting family and having our big Acker Family Christmas Party.  Cohen got an airplane from Santa and he loves it!  Then my sister made me amazing brownies today and that made me feel better after losing my necklace.  I love her!  

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust


WatchOutForTheWoestmans






13 comments:

  1. I love the white, Cassidy! This look is so soft and elegant. I love that you took inspiration from something else to incorporate into an outfit! I definitely love that skirt and those shoes!

    I'm sorry about your necklace! Is there no way of mending it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit Cassidy! You always look so beautiful! I wish I had the gift of mixing perfect monochromatic outfits together! Slowly I'm learning! jeje Thanks for linking up today!

    WIth Love,
    Rubi
    www.lilyamongthornsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this beautiful look. The colors are gorgeous!

    twolovebirdswithoutanest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried wearing a monochromatic outfit like that before, you look wonderful in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This definitely looks good! I don't own many pastel pieces, I don't even think I own one but I will look out for some pieces from now on! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so soft and pretty, I love it! That skirt is gorgeous and I LOVE your hair color!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this soft tone on tone look. Very European vintage feel, which is right up my alley : )

    Too bad about the necklace. Maybe Santa will bring you a new one for Christmas.

    Bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cassidy how is it possible that you're this gorgeous?! So jealous! and I love both skirt and shirt!!! And don't worry about your necklace. You have such a good eye for shopping/thrifting, you'll find you'll love just as much if nto more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your neutral wintery outfit! So fresh and pretty. ;)
    Sorry to hear about your necklace - good luck in your hunt for a new one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So stunning!
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. At first I saw this outfit and thought it looked so good against your hair because the colors were right.. but EVERYTHING I'm seeing you wear looks gorgeous with your hair! You are stunning. Makes me miss the days I had red hair! :)

    Love your blog, and your outfits, and cute little boy. :) Now following!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i absolutely love this. You look so stunning in your wintery wears. I often opt for the brightest colours and this outfit makes me think i need to dabble with neutrals more often as this looks so pretty and feminine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You loooooook beautiful girl !!

    what a beautiful outfit, love it, im following you now !

    http://rachelkromdijk.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete