Dec 21, 2012

Thoughts


I am looking forward to writing an outfit post soon, hopefully tomorrow.  All of the holiday blogging DIY plans and outfits post got pushed aside with mounds of photos I had to work on, and shopping I had to get done.  Also, it has been rainy so it kept me from pretty weather for shoots.  I felt like Cinderella, when she was trying to get all of her chores done so she could go to the ball, but the her to-do list just kept getting longer and longer.

I have been trying to cope with the pain of this weeks tragedy.  I was standing in line today at Walmart when I was suddenly face to face with the cover of a magazine that had photos of the Sandy Hook Elementary victims.  I hesitantly took one and opened it so see a photo of a little girl named Emelie, who looked very much like my little cousin, Maggie, who lives next to me.  They were about the same age.  I loved that her name was spelt with an ie at the end.  I've always thought that was so pretty.  I also saw photos of her parents running down the road looking for her in vain.  The tears came fast and I put it down quickly, and there I was standing in line, weeping, and trying to find my debit card to pay.  I went home and read more about each of the victims.  There was a little boy named Daniel who looked as sweet as he could be, and a teacher who had the exact same birthday as mine.  Two little girls were redheads, so cute.  All of the children were individually beautiful.  I can't imagine what their last memories were, and I don't want to.  The thought of so many parents, family, and people of that community was unbearable.  I learned today, although I'm not certain the accuracy, that the shooter attended that school as a child.  I wondered if he had been teased there, what else would lead him there?  Maybe he was so mad at the world and his community that he wanted to inflict as much acute pain as possible, and that is why he went to the school.  Whatever the motive, I'll never understand, and I'll never forget.  I keep trying find the magic in this holiday and find peace that the children are in the loving arms of our Heavenly Father.  I am more grateful than ever for my little boy, and my prayers, thoughts and tears, pour out to all affected, and all of us everywhere with broken hearts.  Without prayer and the peace it can offer,  I don't know how we would overcome anything.

I got the chance to walk home tonight, alone on my street.  It was freezing and the sky was velvet black and sparkled with stars.  I was almost to my house, and then I heard bells from a church a couple blocks over.  They were playing "O Holy Night".  It was the prettiest and peaceful sound to hear.  I stopped for a second as my fear subsided and I looked up at the starry sky.  I just listened to the bells and was still.  I knew that everything would be alright.

O Holy Night, please listen, it brings the spirit of Christmas.



Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
Love Cassidy


3 comments:

  1. hi hun,
    I really like your blog and your style..so nice!
    New follower there,
    If you want I'm waiting for you on my blog!

    kiss jexika lyter

    http://deliciousmakeupfashion.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written. Everything will be alright yes, you are right xx

    Janine xx
    BakeGlueandTrend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, and perfect timing of a wonderful song and great reminder :)
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete