Feb 13, 2013

Classic Romance


I LOVE VALENTINES DAY!  When I was in the 3rd grade I would check out this old Valentines Day book from the school library all the time through out the year. It was full of homemade Valentine craft ideas, history of the holiday, and stories of Valentines Day.  I loved the colors of red, pink, beige and white that were thoughout the book and I feel like I was channeling those pages in today's outfit!  

Nothing makes me feel more dressed than red lips and red heels!  I love the way they contrast off this pretty silk and lace dress.  I always do something with a little va-va-voom and Valentines day, its the perfect excuse to celebrate your feminine, romantic-al side!  Check out my "moody" outfit from last year!













Dress (RUCHE) Heels (RUCHE) Necklace (RUCHE) Bracelet (Heather Belle)













































































I am honestly not sure what we are even doing for Valentines Day, besides this outfit I have not made one plan.  Cam surprised me yesterday with roses (as I was walking into the store, he was walking out with roses in his hands, what a happy surprise!)  and bought me these fun balloons!  Oh and yes, it hasn't been a secret that I have been eyeing a certain Free People Frida Diamond necklace (in black!) so I hope to be blogging about that very soon!  

Sometimes the best present is just a box of good chocolates!  I am already craving chocolate like crazy so I just sent the husband to the store to pick up a box of brownie mix, yummy!  By the way, I have been hitting the gym for the past two weeks 8AM!!  I really deserve some sinful chocolates.  

I want to share some exciting news as well!  It has been a wonderful week for our family.  Cameron got promoted and is now a manager and will be traveling all over, even internationally, starting next week! In fact, I am dropping him off at the airport this Sunday and he will be headed to Dallas, TX!  He will be actually traveling a lot so this will be an adjustment, but I am so excited for him to be able to get out and see the world.  I am just so proud of him and thankful for how hard he works for our family.  In other news, his band just got contacted by a pretty huge record label, wanting to set up a time to chat with him??? WOW.  That boy is on fire!  I wonder what is to come this year for the Comptons??   Stay tuned!!



Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!








Real Girl Style Link Up

9 comments:

  1. Cute outfit!! Love your dress!!'
    Visiting from What I Wore Wednesday!
    Just followed your blog, and would love it if you checked out my blog!

    xo
    Caroline

    lovecarolineblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great photos and shoes!

    Congrats on all the happenings : )

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those balloons are such a fun photo prop, as well as gift! Congrats on the great career news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are gorgeous girl!! Love that beige dress and red heels and lips are a must :) love the balloons as a prop! Have a wonderful valentines day!!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. stopping by from plane pretty. love love love those shoes
    www.not-going-out-like-that.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are SOOO cute. The pop of red from your nails, shoes & lips makes this even better!! Found you via the What I Wore Wednesday linkup
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    {Enter My Giveaway for a Monogram Leather Clutch Here!}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog from the Mormon Fashion bloggers list.

    This outfit is perfect! I absolutely LOVE the pop of red in the shoes, and the perfect lip stick.

    The balloons make such a fun photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are amazing pictures! I host a style link party every Monday and would love for you to join! http://fashionsgreatesthits.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-first-ever-my-style-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your blog through Plane Pretty, and I'm so glad I did! You are so dang adorable!! I love your sense of style, super fun! I'm your newest follower :)

    Bri Rios
    breezydaysblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete