Apr 12, 2013

Cohen's Vintage Airplane Party

We chose a plane theme for Cohen's birthday party because he is obsessed with them and looking for them in the sky.  Since his dad spends a lot of time up in the air, he has become even more intrigued by them!  Above is the invitation I made for him, and below are some snapshots from his simple vintage plane party, hope you like it!




























































































For Cohen's 2nd birthday party, I wanted to have a small and simple party full of his closest family, little cousins, and nursery friends.  I only had two days to get this party after we got home from Disney World, but I think it came together quite nicely!  I only had the pavilion rented for a few hours so I had to set this party up and take it down quicker than I have ever done anything in my life!  But the time in between was a wonderful and special time for our little boy!  He loved his airplane on his cake and the ones hanging above with the watercolor clouds I painted and cut out.  He also loved his yummy cake my aunt at Lindy Lou's.  Nothing is better that an good old fashioned chocolate cake!  He loved it.  We also kept the food simple with fresh fruit cups, soda floats, dips, pizza, and caramel corn.  I also got some honey roasted peanuts since that is what is usually served on a plane!  For the party favor bags I just cut some cool scrapbook paper and glued it to a simple paper bag, and filled it with goodies.  

He got some great presents, which is his favorite thing in the world!  He got plenty of Thomas the Train stuff, bubbles, chalk, clothes, hot wheels, and some batman toys which Cameron appreciated very much.  My favorite was the rocking chair from his Nonna and Poppa.  It has his name engraved in it!  He loves to sit in it at his chalkboard and color with his new chalk!  

After the party was cleaned up we went to the park and played, followed by a train ride around Noccalula Falls.  He passed out before we even got to the car.  I think he had a special day and it was fun celebrating with family and friends!  

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust

1 comment:

  1. Aw what a darling party! Those invitations are so cute and I love all the decorations you put together. Your son is beautiful! I just love his curly hair :)
    Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete