Apr 8, 2013

Disney World!!



What we did!
Above are the highlights from our 3 year anniversary trip to Disney World!  We have always had this dream to go there together.  I used to live and work at Disney but Cameron had never been!  He was so excited from the minute we arrived in Orlando, and he had us on a great schedule!  We did everything we wanted to do and one day we even went to three parks!  My favorite days were the Magic Kingdom days.  Ariel has a new castle by the sea, and you really feel like you are there when you are beside it!  Beast also has a castle on a mountain and it is complete with Maurice's Workshop and Gaston's tavern!  Go on sing it..."No one fights like Gaston, blah blah blah like Gaston!"  I sang that the whole time I was there!  I got to see all of the princesses and even Alice!  Cameron loved the Rockin Roller Coaster at Hollywood studios, and Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom.  We got to ride it twice in a row!

What I wore!
So I was stressed about this.  Mainly I didn't want my feet to hurt but I also didn't want to wear ugly shoes.  Well, I am still working on a solution to this because my feet are still hurting from this trip! Haha I sat down while waiting in all of the lines, I think I even inspired other lazies like myself to do the same.  I mostly wore a bathing suit bottom and comfy bra so in preparation for roller coasters  where you got splashed!  (think Splash Mountain, my favorite ride!), a light thin top, and breezy high wasted shorts.  One day I wore a romper and I loved just throwing it on over my swim bottoms and being done!  Everyday I put my hair in these daisy clips, to keep my hair out of my face, and put my hair in a low pony tale when I boarded a roller coaster.  My blue vans and natural flats were easy to pack and went with everything.  I felt like this was the most minimal I have ever packed in my life!  Also, my thrifted cross body was the perfect little bag to carry.  Lightweight, and practical, I didn't have to worry about carrying it or forgetting it.  It stayed in place across my chest on rides, walking and  bathroom trips.  It carried the essentials: Hair tie, sunscreen, lip balm, park tickets, phone, band aids (for prevention of blisters and shoe sores) and well, that's all you really need!



What We Ate!
Or where didn't we eat?  We ate everywhere, all day long, and never got full!  I guess it was all of that walking.  We had ice cream cones and popsicles everyday and ate at amazing restaurants like below, the one I used to work at!  My favorite day of feasting was at Epcot.  We had a snack in all of the countries, and it is so authentic because real citizens from those countries and cooking and serving you their dishes!  Our resort served us breakfast every morning and it was always amazing.  Cam loves his breakfast so he really appreciated it.  My favorite where the chocolate chip pancakes with strawberries!

Where we stayed! 
We stayed at the Pop Century Resort! Each building was a different decade, like below was 70's.  We stayed in the 90's which is my favorite decade!  It said "Keeping it Real" on the roof and had giant cell phone attached to it.  The pool was amazing and they had cool collages everywhere with popular decade items, see the photo below!  I loved our resort, even though I was barely there!  So glad we picked the economy option! 





































On our last night there, we went to the fancy place I used to work at to have dinner.  I was so excited to be back at the Beach Club Resort.  If you have ever seen the movie Beaches, it reminds me of the hotel where the rich little girl stays.  We had a beautiful dinner and they gave us a free desert for being on our anniversary!  After dinner, we rode the ferry boat to the new bowling alley in Downtown Disney.  It was three stories with bowling lanes spread all through out, and servers who brought dinner to your table.  They served Sushi and Pizza!  Basically the best bowling alley ever!

Well that is the gist of our trip.  We missed our little Cohen so much and couldn't wait to get back to him!  I can't wait to bring him one day when he is bigger!!

If you have any questions about our trip or need advice for your upcoming trip, just ask!  I'd love to share what I learned!

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust

2 comments:

  1. I love florida so much!! and where you stayed looks AMAZING!!! ahhh!! would love to see more of your photos!

    Island of adventure is my favourite park! hope you had a great time! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca, we did! Islands of Adventure is so much fun too, we are planning on going in the Fall, its been a long time since I have been there!

      Delete