Jan 2, 2014

Hello 2014


Its a lazy rainy day here in the Compton house.  Potty training is in full swing and Cohen is playing with his trains in the living room, softly dialogueing the whole time, when we are not running back and forth to the bathroom.  He has Bubble Guppies on and occasionally I will hear him answering their questions.  Today is the eve of my 34 week of pregnancy, making me a late, 8 months pregnant woman.  My brain is a fog of to-do-lists, and I am so happy I have taken a little break from photography until after baby comes.  On my list of things to do, cleaning is always number one.  There is always something to clean and I am highly motivated to do it, unfortunately my body is not. After cleaning the dishes, my body is screaming for me to sit down and drink a glass of cold water, which is not what I want to do at all.  I want to move on to the next task.   But since I want this pregnancy to last as long as I hope I know I need to listen to my body and take things slow.  If I don’t, the Tony Braxtons (Cam’s word for Braxton Hicks) kick in and I can barely stand!  Cameron has to get the bassinet down from the attic and I have to clean it, same with the car seat.  I need to buy a new mattress for his crib and sheet set.  I need to stock up on diapers, wipes, onesies, and burp cloths.  I love when babes are in all white, so I will be buying plain white in all of those items.  Plain might as well be my name right now.  It is all I am attracted too.  Maybe because it relates to simple, calm and simple.  No fuss no muss.  Trying to remain calm is getting harder.  I am so excited and very anxious.  I will have two children now to watch over and take care of, and I am no where near an expert yet.  I have so much to still learn.  I wonder how Cohen will adjust to the new baby and dividing my attention between them.  I guess we will have to wait and see, but I have a feeling he will be so sweet to his new baby brother.  This new year will bring a lot of changes, and I hope with all of my heart it goes by as smoothly as this past year, but I hope that it goes by slower.  I don’t want my littles to get to big to quick.

Here are some thoughts about 2013

Funnest thing I did:  Our anniversary trip to Disney World, without a doubt

What I will never forget:  Sweet cuddly mornings with Cohen

Happiest day:  Getting a positive reading on the pregnancy test while on vacation in Florida

Biggest regret:  Watching the movie Precious.  Without a doubt.

What I learned:  Be slow to anger, be patient, be grateful.

Most magical moment:  Christmas

And hopes for 2014

Blog more often, writing is so fulfilling to me.

Soak up every minute with my boys.

Fix up my front yard.

Be a better wife, mother, daughter, friend.

Take more family portraits.

Actually use my very nice easel and paint.

 To see a flipagram of our year, click here!
I hope everyone has a wonderful 2014! 

Faith, Love, and Pixie Dust

Our Christmas Card by Melanie Berg at Little Burrows


No comments:

Post a Comment