Feb 10, 2015

Weekend














 This weekend Kate came to stay with us.  She arrived Friday after we celebrated Lilly’s 12th birthday party, and helped Cohen and Cameron make a new YouTube video.  The next morning we snuggled with the boys and enjoyed strawberry portraits before we started to get ready for the day.  The thing I miss about living in the same house is my sister is you have a companion to get ready with.  Getting ready becomes an event on its own in which music is playing, gossip is swapped, secrets are shared, and advice is given.  I love making new memories with my sister, and sometimes, that is all it takes!  However, the day had much more in store for us.  We took her to downtown Gadsden and stumbled upon a chili cook off, and spent the day walking around in the 60* degree sunshine and trying all of the chilies. We browsed record stores, antique stores, and of course the superhero collectible store for Cohen and Cam.  Cam and I took turns carrying Elliot and he enjoyed being outside so much.  We had Frios gourmet popsicles and Elliot loved the banana pudding flavor!  Katelyn made a lot of new friends around town, (she floats around like a butterfly charming everyone in her path).

That night we took Cohen and Elliot to the Airwalk in Birmingham for little Zillie’s 3  year old birthday.  Cohen braved the trampolines for just a minute but was more excited about jumping in the foam pit.  I was having the time of my life jumping around with Cameron before we both broke ourselves, he hurt his back doing triple back flip slam dunks, I almost sprayed my ankle just jumping over a mat.  We were sore for days after!

Any weekend that involves my family and new memories is a success in my book!







No comments:

Post a Comment